Easy and realistic ways to save energy!
- Call MASS SAVE. Of all the things I can suggest this is the best and least expensive way to cut costs. While Beantown can certainly offer you insulation for your home, MASS SAVE and your electric company can do it for a mere fraction of the cost. There is absolutely NO cost to you and they will do everything from giving you FREE energy efficient light bulbs and power strips to assessing your homes overall energy efficiency.
- Install a programmable thermostat to lower utility bills and manage your heating and cooling systems efficiently.
- Air dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher’s drying cycle.
- Turn things off when you are not in the room such as lights, TVs, entertainment systems, and your computer and monitor.
- Plug home electronics, such as TVs and DVD players, into power strips; turn the power strips off when the equipment is not in use — TVs and DVDs in standby mode still use several watts of power.
- Lower the thermostat on your water heater to 120°F. **I like my showers hot, and you would be surprised that even in lowering your thermometer to 100 degrees, which mine is on, will still give you a hot shower.
- Take short showers instead of baths and use low-flow showerheads for additional energy savings.
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.
- Check to see that windows and doors are closed when heating or cooling your home and that they are locked.
#beantownhomeimprovements #energysavingtips #energyefficient #savingenergy #masssave #cutcosts