We don’t think much about the gutter systems in our homes until they fail. When we see the waterfalls over the edge of our gutters during a strong rainstorm or evidence of water in the basement, we may begin to wonder when we last cleaned out the gutter system. It is important to make sure the gutters are working properly to prevent mold, mildew, or other water damage to the roofing system as well.
We are Beantown Home Improvements. We specialize in all things roofing, gutters, and more! Specifically, for this article, what types of gutter systems do we install? We have a wide variety of gutter options available. We specialize in installing seamless, K-style, and half-round gutter systems. We will help you carefully weigh your options to choose the best system for you, your home, and your budget.
Seamless Gutter System:
- Custom Cuts – your home is precisely measured and the gutters are cut on-site. There is little room for error.
- Reduced Debris Build-up – seamless gutters do not have joints where debris, leaves, and twigs can get cluttered. The gutters have a smooth surface for the excess water to flow freely to the downspouts.
- Fewer Joints – as mentioned above, there are fewer joints in a seamless gutter. This allows for a crisp clean appearance which adds to the curb appeal of your home.
- Less Leakage – minimal joints + less debris buildup equals less leakage of water
- Visually Appealing – a sleek and smooth appearance is a key factor to the seamless gutter system
- Color Match – a variety of colors can be chosen to match the siding of your home
We offer two different sizes of seamless gutters. Below is a quick description of each.
5” Seamless Gutter system:
- Standard gutter found on most homes
- .032” gauge
- Numerous colors
- Made right on site
6” Seamless Gutter System:
- Larger homes require a drainage system that won’t look lost on the fascia board and will enhance the beauty of the home
- Looks great on multi-family homes and condo complexes
- Any home with a steep roof pitch where the sheer volume could overwhelm the standard 5” gutter
- Made right on site
- Variety of colors to choose from.
K-Style Gutter System:
- No Leaks – this system also offers a seamless finish, making it less prone to leakage
- Large Capacity – massive rainstorms and excessive rain can easily be handled by this type of gutter
- Strong and Durable – k-style gutters are less likely to bend or protrude when impacted by force
- Ease of Installation – these are flat on one side, easy to install, and there is no need to worry about brackets
- Readily Available – they can come in aluminum, galvalume, and copper. Contractors are easily able to locate the material you desire
- Stylish – this system mimics crown molding, making it an elegant appearance and addition to the home
Half-Round Gutter System:
- Promote easy water flow due to the lack of fasteners
- Little debris – this system is shaped like a half circle, allowing the water and debris to easily flow away
- Easier to clean than the other gutters due to the rounded form
- Increase curb appeal – beautiful on a traditional or historic home
- Smooth interior – due to the smooth surface, they are less prone to corrosion
- Can handle all weather – the deep trough-like shape is ideal for handling excess heavy rain
Regardless of what type of gutter system you decide on, it would be wise to consider gutter guards as well. This tremendously genius system aids in eliminating excess debris from cluttering up any gutter system. Be sure to ask Beantown Home Improvements about our gutter guard systems and which ones would be best for you and your home.
When the time has come for new gutters to be installed, trust the professionals at Beantown Home Improvements in Southeastern Massachusetts. We are here to provide the best customer service possible to homeowners who desire to improve the look and functionality of their homes. We are knowledgeable and can answer any questions you may have about gutter systems. Give us a call today for a free consultation!